The Technical Sales Representative will act as liaison between our company sales team and our customers, providing sales support, training, and technical support. This person will help to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration using technical expertise and in-depth product and industry knowledge. Responsible for the end-to-end sales process, this role will work closely with current and prospective customers to develop strong relationships, improve relationships, cultivate new customers, and grow sales.
This position is responsible for providing technical support to Arzel customers, and training contractors and distributors on the benefits of zoning and the entire line of Arzel products. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of HVAC system design, troubleshooting, and controls, as well as excellent communication and sales skills.
- Build a strong customer base and maintain relationships with customers and prospects.
- Conduct research to develop prospective new customers and find information to determine their potential.
- Assist the technical support department, help with handling incoming tech calls, and provide efficient and professional support to customers.
- Train contractors and distributors on Arzel products and the benefits of zoning, including existing and prospective customers.
- Analyze sales reports and data to identify potential for new territories and markets.
- Identify and qualify sales leads.
- Answer incoming calls, enter orders, and record all contact with customers in CRM.
- Demonstrate a solid troubleshooting methodology when fielding a technical support call.
- Assist customers in the design and implementation of HVAC zoning products.
- Create or update training presentations and perform both onsite and offsite trainings for customers.
- 4 years of sales skills and experience.
- Basic understanding of HVAC system and duct design preferable.
- HVAC troubleshooting experience preferable.
- Basic understanding of controls and wiring preferred.
- General knowledge of zoning systems.
- Possess great communication skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, in and out of state.
- Attend trade shows and other events, in and out of state.
- Sales related 4-year college degree or equivalent experience selling technical products preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets, and using a CRM.
- Presentation and training skills are required.
- Experience in the HVAC industry a plus.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting and standing to complete assignments for prolonged periods of time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, speak with co-workers, etc.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time when attending events, trade shows, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a copy machine, printer, etc.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and customers, vendors, and partners, etc. Must be able to communicate accurate information to these individuals.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cleveland, OH 44128: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What are you looking for in your next position?
- What about this role interests you?
- What is your desired annual income?
- Technical sales: 4 years (Required)
- HVAC system & duct design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Zoning systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Understanding of controls & wiring: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person in Warrensville Heights, OH